We offer the full American Red Cross Learn to Swim program. Our certified Water Safety Instructors teach ages 6 months through competitive stroke technique work. We have swimmers of all levels and ages learning to improve their strength and efficiency. As a Fitness Center, we know how important movement is to overall health. Learning to move and exercise in water can become a tool to assist with maintaining health for a lifetime. We are proud to be an accredited American Red Cross Learn to Swim Provider offering Private, Semi Private, and Group Swim lessons to the Duneland Community. All Lessons: $70 Member / $90 Non-Member. Let's get this summer started....
· Session Dates: June 6th - 10th
Open Registration for Members: 5/9, Non-Members: 5/16
· Session Dates: June 27th - July 1st
Open Registration for Members: 6/10, Non-Members: 6/13
· Session Dates: July 11th - July 15th
Open Registration for Members: 7/1, Non-Members: 7/4
· Session Dates: July 25th - July 29th
Open Registration for Members: 7/15, Non-Members: 7/18
At the end of each session, the Water Safety Instructor (WSI) will complete the course completion certificate for your child. This will include a slip of paper that states something along the lines of “I recommend your child enroll in _____ level next session.” After the child has gotten out of the water, changed, and headed back to the Service Desk, you (the parent) will then have the opportunity to sign your child up for the next session. Members can register as they leave that same day. Non Members will not be able to register until Monday, therefore giving Members a 3 day window to register before the non Members are eligible.
What They'll Learn
The Learn-to-Swim program focuses on building skills one step at a time. By giving them the opportunity to master one element before moving on to the next, our kids' swim classes make it easy to build confidence in the water.
During their swim lessons, children will spend time on the following six levels:
- Level 1: Introduction to Water Skills: Students will learn how to feel comfortable in the water and safely enjoy it.
- Level 2: Fundamentals of Aquatic Skills: Children will learn basic swimming skills.
- Level 3: Stroke Development: Additional guided practice will help students improve their skills.
- Level 4: Stroke Improvement: Kids will gain confidence during swim lessons, improve their stroke and gain additional aquatic skills.
- Level 5: Stroke Refinement: Guidance allows kids to refine their strokes and become more efficient swimmers.
- Level 6: Swimming and Skill Proficiency: Students will learn to swim with ease and efficiency and gain the ability to swim smoothly over greater distances. Swimmers will also have the option to participate in more advanced courses.
We will not be offering Baby / Toddler lessons over the summer.
All lessons will be held in the lap pool.
A minimum of 1 lane will be open for lap swimmers at all times.
We will have spaces designated for gathering prior to the safety lessons for each class.
We will have chairs for spectators along the deck, but we encourage only 1 adult per child.
Children of the same gender as their adult can use the Men's and Women’s locker rooms.
Children with opposite gender as their adult must use the Assisted Changing Room (ACR).
Please bring a towel as no towels are available from the club.
Children are encouraged to bring their own goggles.
NO cell phones or cameras are permitted on the pool deck.
All swim lessons are taught by a Certified Red Cross Water Safety Instructor. A lifeguard is also on duty while your child is in the pool.